Ozarks International Raceway is looking for a driven, highly organized and motivated individual for the full time role of event coordinator. OIR is expected to attract international series, national organizations and club racing. The event coordinator will be responsible for various aspects of event delivery which will include contracting, planning, set up, facilitation, and tear down of our many diverse events as well as working with the management structure in the development of events and activations at OIR and within the community. These vary in size and type, from sanctioned race events, to custom group experiences. Basic mechanical skills are a plus and a strong passion for customer service is a requirement. Candidate should have a positive friendly attitude and be capable of face to face customer interaction.
Responsibilities, but not limited to
- Responding to all booking inquiries and requests from individuals, groups, clubs, teams, Series, manufacturers, and pursue any opportunities to book events at OIR.
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities for events at OIR.
- Attend production, sales, and marketing meetings related to events booked at OIR and to review and develop tentative business.
- Conduct site visits for prospective customers.
- Serve as the day-to-day liaison and address all customer needs during the planning and operation of the event.
- Provide booking reports & activity reports to the owner or senior manager.
- Work with marketing and facility management to assure that the customers bookings and contracts needs are met. Go over any special request and conditions of any booking, so everyone understands, and the customers are satisfied to the highest standards.
- Work closely with Facilities team and Marketing team to ensure the facility is suited and can deliver specific events, activities, at the locations of the facility. This should be part of the sales process, so customers are transitioned to event management seamlessly and effortlessly as possible.
- Assist in any special project, marketing and sales for OIR as requested by track owner or senior manager of OIR.
- Develop policies, practices and procedures to effectively manage sales and booking activities for OIR.
- Plan to aggressively and strategically seek and explore all opportunities to ensure and secure events at OIR.
- Curate, promote, and or co-promote revenue generating activities and events for OIR.
- Develop, organize, and distribute follow-up information after pre-event calls, and develop the first-line management plan of all issues that arise prior to the event.
- Attend local meetings on behalf of OIR to promote race weekend. This may include conducting market research, arranging meetings and creating presentations to meeting attendees from time to time.
- Coordinate on-site documentation to produce post-event customer reports and event evaluations
- Attend to all concerns and needs in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner, maintaining high standards for quality at all times.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Hours can be long and vary by week and event type. The candidate must be willing to workdays, nights, weekends. and holidays and support our public events.
- Two-year experience in event planning
- Bachelor’s degree is an asset
- Strong planning and multi-tasking skills
- Must be a team player and demonstrate the ability to deliver first-class service
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Able to manage and solve problems efficiently
- Knowledge of the Motorsports industry
- Excellent analytical and project manager skills
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Office.
- Effective communicator, people orientated, able to effectively communicate ideas and concepts in writing and orally.
- Consistently utilize good judgment, make sound decisions, be creative with little to no supervision.
- Maintain and perform under pressure and changing situations while maintaining a level head and proper attitude. Work politely and properly with teammates.
- Be efficient, in research and trends in Sports entertainment, events and any relating activities & operations OIR may act in or host.
- Research and follow Motorsports Hospitality trends, practices, other events to ensure OIR maintains the highest standards to our customers.
- Ability to work weekends, extended hours, and various work schedules while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work evenings and Holidays.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and use hands. The employee is subject to the outside environment conditions such as cold weather or extreme heat. Also, subject to noise and fast-moving objects. Must have the ability to lift at least 25 lbs. occasionally.