Event security personnel are expected to ensure the safety of OIR’s employees, guests and participants by enforcing the track’s rules while assuming a proactive role in keeping the facility safe. Event security staff provide visible security presence to guests and employees. Locking/unlocking doors and gates at appropriate times. Screen all persons entering ticketed and/or secure areas for valid credentials/tickets. Assist guests with questions regarding directions, information about the facility, parking, and disabled assistance. Posts are located throughout OIR properties.
This is an event-based position. Shifts and hours will vary based on our event needs.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Hours can be long and vary by week and event type. The candidate must be willing to workdays, nights, weekends, and holidays and support our public events.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service experience
- Ability to work outdoors in changing weather conditions
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in excess of 8 hours at a time
- Positive attitude!
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work with the Security Director to ensure activities are supervised at the facility and that all rules and policies are being enforced
Responsibilities, but not limited to
- Provide excellent customer service to guests by fielding inquiries and maintaining a friendly, safe environment.
- Patrol the facility to prevent and detect security violations.
- Monitor the entrance and departure of employees and guests and check credentials, tickets and passes
- Greet and interact with customers in a friendly and positive manner